Below you’ll find some handy resources for getting started as an Independent Contractor. It’s a mix of legal, financial, and marketing resources.
Now that you have an idea of the type of work you would like to do as an independent contractor, you will need to start thinking about marketing your services. You can begin by creating a profile in several marketplaces, but you will likely have to do additional marketing.
Below are just a few ways to promote and market yourself:
Create business cards and add a QR code to link to your website or LinkedIn profile.
- Purchase inexpensive business cards: www.vistaprint.com
- Create your free website: www.wix.com
- Create free QR codes: www.qr-code-generator.com
Consider creating a flyer/brochure to promote your services.
- Use free Microsoft Office templates: templates.office.com/en-us/brochures
Post an ad on social media promoting your services.
- Learn about FB ads: www.facebook.com/business/ads